0x Ecosystem 🪐 Update #11
Welcome to the ecosystem update for February 2021! 👋 Each month we share highlights, network insights, and news from across the 0x ecosystem.
- New all-time highs for both daily and monthly 0x protocol volume 🏆
- 0x DAO introduced — 0x forum post | Cointelegraph article
- Explore the 0x DeFi ecosystem in this tweet thread and blog post
🆕 New Integrations
🌐 Network Insights
0x smashed through previous all-time-highs for daily volume, monthly volume, and collected protocol fees in February 🎉
February 23rd saw $455M daily trading volume and a whopping $6.6B was traded during the month of February. It’s mind-blowing to think that trading volume and protocol fees collected for Jan+Feb 2021 has already exceeded 2020’s total annual volume 🤯
At current ETH prices, generated protocol fees reached a record ~$763K in February 2021. Protocol fees are distributed as liquidity rewards to market makers and token holders who stake their ZRX through 0x.org.
January saw the release of 0x v4 and adoption has continued to increase throughout February. At the time of writing around 75% of trades are now being routed through v4. Rapid adoption was made possible due to the large number of integrators now building on top of 0x API.
Visit the Network Insights on 0x Tracker and Staking Dashboard on Dune Analytics to further explore the growth of 0x.
🪐 Ecosystem News
0x Labs | An organization focused on creating new markets in the 0x ecosystem.
- ZEIP-83 vote — https://0x.org/zrx/vote/zeip-83
- DeFi: 2021 & Beyond with Aparna Krishnan (Opyn) and Fulvia Morales (0xLabs) at ETHDenver (video)
- 0x featured in Decentralized Finance: On Blockchain- and Smart Contract-Based Financial Markets from the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Epic ecosystem tweetstorm (in blog form)
- 0x Community and Governance meeting recap (plus embedded video with timestamps)
- KeeperDAO AMA
- New URL for the governance forum (Update your bookmarks!)
- Introducing the 0x DAO!
Augur | A decentralized, trustless oracle, and prediction market platform.
- Gets a shoutout from Vitalik 👨🎤
DeFi Saver | DeFi Saver is a one-stop management solution for DeFi protocols.
- Tutorial on how to simulate the performance of automated MakerDAO positions in different market conditions (including tx fees)
- January newsletter
- Guide to farming COMP with Defi Saver
DexKit | A next-generation DEX tool kit.
- Community update call (video)
DODO | The on-chain liquidity provider for everyone.
- Adjusts liquidity mining rewards
- Co-founder and COO Mark Wang on Binance Blockchain Week Future of Work panel
- Debuts DODO Private Pool: Professional Market Making On-Chain
- Releases a new tokenomics model: DODOnomics v2
- Announces migration of 53m (5.3% of total DODO supply) to Binance Smart Chain (BSC)
- Becomes the 17th project on Binance Launchpool
Furucombo | Build your own DeFi legos without knowing how to code.
- Announces investment from Binance X
- Tutorial on Compound Cubes
- Tutorial on Synthetix Cubes
- Exploit post-mortem
Mask Network | The Portal to the new, open Internet. Encrypt your posts & chats on social networks.
Matcha | A simple-to-use DEX aggregator built for everyone.
- Reflection thread from Matcha engineer John Johnson
- Congratulations to the winners of Matcha Moolah!
- Now averaging $40m+ in daily trades
- Welcome the newest team members Jade Tran (frontend engineer) and Danny Organ (product marketing manager)
Metamask | A crypto wallet & gateway to blockchain apps. Trusted by over 1 million users worldwide.
- Surf Web 3.0 with the MetaMask Mobile browser
- How MetaMask’s Latest Security Tool Can Protect Developers From Theft
- To Be Your Own Bank With MetaMask, You Need To Master These Password Best Practices
Metric | Gasless, community-owned DEX built by BUILD Finance.
- First to integrate TheHidingGame, enabling traders to earn $ROOK
- Updates fee/rebate schedule
mStable | Autonomous and non-custodial stablecoin infrastructure.
- $MTA added to the Set Protocol Defi Pulse Index (DPI)
- Monthly dev update (January)
- Monthly AMA Series — mBTC Launch
- mBTC launch announcement
OctoFi | An open-source platform for aggregating thousands of DeFi investment opportunities.
Opyn | The most powerful, capital efficient DeFi options protocol.
- Raises $6.7 million Series A led by Paradigm (more from the Opyn team here)
- Exploring Defi Options with Alexis Gauba at ETHDenver (video)
- DeFi: 2021 & Beyond with Aparna Krishnan (Opyn) and Fulvia Morales (0xProject) at ETHDenver (video)
- Opyn v2 Limit Order Tutorial
- Announces $100k bug bounty
Rari Capital | The first non-custodial fund that aims to produce lossless returns to investors through unique DeFi strategies.
- A prelude to Fuse — Enabling true superfluid collateral and margin on any asset
- Team interview with Jason Choi (BlockCrunch)
Shapeshift | The new frontier in crypto management
- Colorado Blockchain FTW: Project Edition at ETHDenver
- Extending Web3 Provider for Better UX — Tom Teman at ETHDenver
- Exploring a New Nexus: Cosmos & Ethereum — Kent Barton
- Interview with Erik Voorhees: Social Media Schelling Points & Private Company Rights
- New Frontiers: A Deep- Dive Analysis Of The Cosmos, Polkadot, And Near Protocols
- ShapeShift CEO Erik Voorhees on Bitcoin’s future and Peter Schiff’s big gold mistake
- Interview: What Bitcoin Started With Erik Voorhees
- Coindesk TV: Erik Voorhees Talks DeFi and Bitcoin as BTC Breaks New Record
Zapper | A simple dashboard for managing all your DeFi assets from one simple interface.
- How to Get Started Trading in DeFi with DeFi Dad (video)
- How to Get Started in Yield Farming with DeFi Dad (video)
Zerion | An all-in-one interface that allows users to deposit, invest, trade, lend, and borrow DeFi assets.
Exciting opportunities to work for teams building on the 0x protocol:
- 0x Labs, Matcha, and Periscope Trading are hiring for software engineers (back-end, front-end, full-stack, and protocol) and product marketing roles. All positions are remote-eligible.
- Tokenlon/imToken is hiring for engineering, operations, public relations, marketing, product management, design, user support, and business development roles
- Zapper is hiring: Full-stack Engineer, Product Designer, Financial Controller
- Opyn is hiring: Researcher, Frontend Engineer, Software Engineer, Head of Sales and Operations
- Set is hiring: Lead Engineer, Smart Contract Engineer
- Prysm is hiring for Frontend Developer, Full Stack Developer, Product Designer
- Shapeshift is hiring: Engineering Manager/Technical Lead
🎬 Wrapping Up
Thanks for tuning in! If you've built a new app on 0x, let us know by emailing email@example.com, and we'll mention it in the next update.
Also, don’t forget to our official Discord server, where you can chat with the 0x community and learn more about all of the exciting developments in the ecosystem.
🙏 A huge thanks to our contributors
- Connor Hays (Community Writer)
- Craig Bovis (0x Tracker)
- Danning Sui (0x Labs)
- Nikita (0x Community Ambassador)
Interested in contributing to the update? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Projects mentioned and content covered in this update do not constitute or imply an endorsement or financial advice by 0x Labs.
Sign in or become a 0x Blog member to join the conversation.