0x Ecosystem 🪐 Update #14
Welcome to the 0x ecosystem update where we regularly share highlights, network insights, and news from across the growing 0x ecosystem. Let’s dive in 👇
📥 Subscribe to our blog for project and ecosystem updates delivered directly to your inbox.
- 0x and Brave partner to make crypto and DeFi more accessible to everyone 🤝
- 0x and Celo partner to bring DeFi to 6 billion smartphone users worldwide 📱
- 0x DAO grant program is live! 🎉
- The canonical guide for accessing 0x data 🔮
🧩 New Integrations (Demand)
- DappRadar - Track, analyze and discover decentralized applications
- DEXTools - The ultimate hub for DEX trading
- Fractional - Fractional ownership of NFTs
- Lanceria - A platform for freelancers and digital artists
- Market - Earn yield and leverage assets in isolated markets
- Rubic - A multi-chain DeFi ecosystem
- SwapMatic - An AMM and yield farming platform
🌊 New Liquidity Sources (Supply)
- Kyber DMM
- Binance Smart Chain
🗞 0x in the Media
- Celo, Aave, Curve, Sushi Launch $100 Million DeFi Initiative [Decrypt - August 30, 2021]
- Mike Novogratz’s Galaxy Digital Rolling Out DeFi Index Fund [Decrypt - August 19, 2021]
- DeFi for Institutions: The DeFi Stack Today & Tomorrow [DeFi Alliance - July 26, 2021]
💬 Social Mentions
🌐 Network Insights
Trading volume across 0x Protocol over the past 2 months was ~$16B, with a consistent uptrend on Polygon and Binance Smart Chain. Polygon’s share of volume on 0x Protocol grew to 12% in August.
We’ve continued to see steady growth in active trader count across all 0x-supported chains over the past two months. Polygon’s growth slowed in August, while the number of traders on BSC jumped ~240%. User growth on BSC can be attributed mostly to Metamask, with ~10k active daily traders on BSC.
Over the same time period, the average trade size on Polygon increased from ~$700+ per trade to ~$1.1k, while the average trade size on BSC remained steady. The average trade size on Ethereum dipped slightly in July from June, but then trended up on a weekly basis throughout August, which is in line with the trend we’ve seen with Ethereum gas prices over the past month due to the red hot NFT market.
Across integrators, Matcha is leading the board with a total of $4.7B in volume over the last 2 months. New integrations include Cowswap and Coinbase Wallet, both of which became top volume channels soon after onboarding to 0x API. In terms of volume across chains, ~24% of volume on Zapper has come from Polygon, while over half of the volume on DODO has come from Binance Smart Chain. BSC accounts for ~22% of volume on Metamask as well.
📈 Visit the 0x analytics dashboard to further explore the growth of the 0x network.
🔦 Ecosystem Spotlights
Our 0x Ecosystem Spotlight series is where we highlight some of the exciting and novel projects built on 0x. Our second spotlight is DeFi Saver!
DeFi Saver is a one-stop dashboard for creating, managing, and tracking DeFi positions. We talked to community lead Nikola to dive deeper into what sets DeFi Saver apart from other management apps, why they chose to integrate 0x API, and what’s next for the project.
📰 Read our interview with DeFi Saver
Following on the heels of DeFi Saver, we also chatted with DODO, an on-chain decentralized exchange that leverages 0x API to provide traders with the best prices, about the importance of multi-chain development and what they are currently working on.
📰 Read our interview with DODO
🪐 Ecosystem News
- 0x DAO awards first-ever grant to ThalesDAO with subsequent grants awarded to Sudoswap and Market
- DappRadar launches token swaps powered by 0x
- DEXKIT announces new dashboard
- Frontier is live on BSC
- Matcha adds ShibaSwap as a new liquidity source
- MetaMask Swaps launches on Polygon
- Opyn launches first-ever partially collateralized options and surpasses $1 billion in total trading volume
- Set Protocol launches on Polygon
- Shapeshift trading volume soars 1112% since introducing DEX trading
- Thales is live on mainnet with binary options trading
- Zerion brings swaps to mobile
🎉 Congratulations to Zerion on raising $8.2 million to help take DeFi mainstream!
Looking for a simple way to add token swaps at the best prices to your product? 🔎
Look no further! 0x API is free to use, easy to integrate, and allows you to quickly and reliably access deep aggregated DEX liquidity so you can focus on building your product. In addition, 0x API is available on a growing number of popular blockchains, like Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, and Polygon.
🛠 Check out our developer docs to integrate 0x API today.
💼 Ecosystem Jobs
Exciting opportunities to work for teams building on 0x technology:
- 0x Labs and Matcha
- Gods Unchained
- imToken / Tokenlon
- Set Labs
🎬 Wrapping Up
Thanks for tuning in! If you’ve built a new app on 0x, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll mention it in the next update.
Also, don’t forget to join our official Discord server, where you can chat with the 0x community and learn more about all of the exciting things happening in the ecosystem.
Disclaimer: Projects mentioned and content covered in this update do not constitute or imply an endorsement or financial advice by 0x Labs.